Le Mars Arts Center
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
As the superintendents at the Plymouth County Fair Open Class Art Exhibit, we have found that we receive far more photography entries than any other art medium. This has guided us to have an Amateur Photography Show here at the Le Mars Arts Center during the month of November. This is open to anyone that is not considered a professional photographer. We encourage any type of photography to be entered, and you may enter as many photos as you want, but entry fees are non refundable.
will be juried blind from digital images; the juror will not know the name of
the artist when selecting artwork. Any accepted artwork that differs
markedly from submitted images may not be installed in the exhibition (subject
to staff/juror discretion)
Artwork will be considered for acceptance into the exhibition by juror according to two primary criteria: 1.) excellence in artistic quality, and 2.) suitability for a family environment.
Deadline to apply online: September 16, 2017
Notification of acceptance (by email): October 1, 2017
Delivery of work to the Arts Center: October 24 - 28
Exhibit opens to the public for People's Choice Voting: November 1 - November 17
Public Reception and Cash Awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and People's Choice: November 18, 1:00 PM
Exhibit open: November 1 - November 30, Tuesday - Friday, Noon to 5:00 and Saturday 10:00 - 3:00
Art work Pick up: December 1 - 2
Jury prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. "People's Choice Award" will be awarded to submission with most votes by the general public.
- A $5 entry fee covers the submission of one piece and all that is collected will be used as the prize money. They Arts Council or Arts Center is not meant to benefit financially from the entry fee.
- Shipping costs and insurance to and from the exhibition, if selected, is the responsibility of the artist.
- Artwork selected must be ready to hang and display upon arrival.
- Artwork selected must be NO LARGER than 13" x 15" finished size. Finished size includes all matting and/or framing
- All artwork must remain on display through the duration of the exhibit.
- Artwork accepted will be considered "on loan" during the exhibition, covered by the Arts Council insurance, subject to Arts Council policies and available for sale at the artist's request on a consignment basis (70% to artist, 30% to Arts Council)